Thursday, December 8, 2011
What Are The Causes Of Brain Cancer?
Here, I am going to describe the most common causes of Brian Cancer. As if you know the causes early, you can take proper precautions to live far away from Brain Cancer.
1. Deletion of Gene Causes Brain cancer: The deletion of a gene, normally present on chromosome 14, may cause cancer in brain, which is the most common, malignant type of brain cancer. Recently, the Researchers of Stanford University School of Medicine has exposed that the deletion of this gene, promote tumor development and grow resistance to therapy. This is frequently occurs in one out of every four cases of Brain cancer.
2. Heredity-An Important Cause: Risk of suffering from brain cancer is known to increase if a person has a family history of cancer. Cancer in brain often occurs with members of the same family, so heredity could be a cause of this.
3. Abnormal Cell Mutation: Primary brain tumors begin when mutations occur in normal cells within their DNA. Mutation may allow cells growth and divisions at increased rate, and to continue to living, when the healthy cells would die. As a result, a mass of abnormal cells occurs, which forms a tumor.
4. Un-controllable Cell Growth in Brain Most Often Causes Brain Tumor (Brain cancer): Our brain has many different kinds of cells and each with a different function. If, in any case, these cells inside the brain begin to grow up uncontrollably, then this will surely lead to a tumor.
5. A Benign Brain Tumor may not be cancerous, but Malignant tumor could be easily Cancerous: A tumor in the brain may or may not be malignant. If benign, a tumor stays its own place, where it starts, though it can grow up very large, and put pressure on crucial areas. In case of a malignant brain tumor which has the ability to spread, and cause cancer..
6. Cancer, that begins elsewhere, of the body, spreads to the brain- Cancer can develop in the brain (Primary cancer) or may developed by spread up of other cancer that previously affects the body. If, any other part of the body has any type of cancer, and then there is a great possibility of occurring cancer in brain due to spreading from the infected part of the body. This is the Secondary (metastatic) brain tumor. The Cancers of the breast, lung, skin, or blood (leukemia or lymphoma) can also be spread up (metastasize) to the brain.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Farzana_Hasin Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6710584